Thelma's Travels

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Charlies ChocolateFactory and Queen Elizabeth Park

This Azalea shrub was out the front of Charlies Chocolate Factory. The photo doesn't do it justice. It was beautiful. So was the Chocolate Factory !1 All the different types of Chocolate you could think of.........except Rocky Road!! They had never heard of that !! Rocky Road must be an Aussie Chocolate. So I had to be content with Coffee Creams instead ! I think overall the Choccies were cheaper than the Margaret River Chocolate Factory and certainly more interesting, with their Chocolate "Water Wheel" in the River of Chocolate.

I thought this Daffodil to lovely not to take a photo. The entire city seems to have Daffodils, Cherry Blossoms and Magnolias growing everywhere. It is so lovely after dry old Perth.

This tree was in Queen Elizabeth Park which grows trees from all over the world. It's called a "Monkey Message "tree and if you double click on it you will see all the Monkey like tails on it. Very interesting.
As you can see it was overcast today, but if we had rain it was during the night.I think the Temp was about 8 degs Celcius. I will probably feel like it's a heat wave at 20 degs when I come home. I'm sure my blood is getting thicker!!
That is Graham and Jackie's car in the photo.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 am, Blogger jennym said…

    I have never seen an Azalea that colour...Beautiful,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home