Thelma's Travels

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

These Photos were taken 30 mins ago from my bedroom window. It is a very cold overcast day with snow on the top of the mountains. It could even be snowing as I type this as it looks a bit as though there's snow coming down. And it is my last day in Vancouver. I leave for home tomorrow and guess who still has to pack the suitcase!! What a drag of a job !!
I'm dis-appointed that the dark Cherry Blossom trees that should be flowering in this street are still not out in bloom. It looks like Jackie is going to have to send me a photo of them. It just hasn't been warm enough for them to bloom. It's really like winter here. Thank you to everyone who sent me Birthday wishes. I have had two lovely Birthdays. One on Vancouver time and one in Perth time. Last night I had a wonderful surprise. It appears that Jackie had been making phone calls while I have been holidaying in Texas and Graham has been taking me out showing me various sights around Vancouver. And last night all her scheming came to fruition when my favourite Royal Canadian Mountie arrived with friends to go to Dinner with us. What a surprise it was for me, I had no idea that it had all been arranged in the last 5 weeks. (Or More)It was such a lovely Birthday Gift. As I had never met him before, I didn't realise who he was until he took his top coat off....... then I had to suck a lemon to take the smile off my face!! There were photos taken but I'm afraid I was asked not to put them on my blog because of security reasons. So Sorry , no photos ! We all had a lovely evening though thanks to Jackie and Graham. Now I'm off to pack the red suitcase. Good bye to all my friends here in Vancouver and thank you for a wonderful holiday.


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 1:06 pm, Blogger jennym said…

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time Thelly...I sent a Happy Birthday to your Facebook page, even though it was a day late.Glad you had such a lovely surprise party..See you next Tuesday..You should be well rested by then and ready for boring old Weight Watchers...Back to reality !!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home